May 31st, 2012

Should pole dancing join the Olympic party?

Does pole dancing really differ from existing Olympic disciplines? (Getty Images)

Yes, I’ll admit it. I have been known to pole dance. And yes, there are pictures to prove it. No, you’re not seeing them. And I can assure you I didn’t take my clothes off.

But I will say that an afternoon meant to be a bit of fun was one of the most painful and bruise inducing of my life.

I am allegedly quite fit (in the running, exercise sense, before you accuse me of getting ahead of myself). But before you could say "Peter Stringfellow" - the longtime UK strip-club entrepreneur - that pole had me waving my white flag of surrender, even before I’d managed to climb to half mast.

So yes, I can see where professional pole dancer Becca Butcher is coming from when she says: "It can be extremely challenging - it’s Olympic-level difficulty." But does Olympic-level difficulty mean deserving of a place at the Olympic Games?

Bernie Ecclestone told me last week in Monaco that Formula One won’t be included in the Olympics in the near future because of a ban on mechanical sports. But he did go on to admit "but they keep adding things which I don’t believe are Olympic sports - so maybe - it would be nice to see it happen." (More on the newest recruits of Rugby Sevens and golf in a moment.)

I love F1 - but for me, it should never be part of the Games. Leaving mechanics to one side, it’s big enough on its own. And certainly doesn’t need the profile.

I, like many others, believe the Olympics should be the pinnacle of the sporting calendar for the athletes - and events - involved. That Olympic gold medal should be worth more than any other honor in their field, or pool, or boat.

So yes, I’d get rid of football and tennis, and not even begin seeding the greens or commissioning the official Olympic mouthguards ahead of Brazil. Golf and Rugby Sevens are both heading to the Games in Rio in 2016 - having been awarded official Olympic status three years ago.

But it remains to be seen whether the biggest names from those sports will find the time to make it there too.

Thankfully for lovers of the aforementioned sports, and of course their governing bodies, it’s not me making the rules. It’s the International Olympic Committee. So how do they decide? According to the "Official website of the Olympic Movement:"

“To make it onto the Olympic program, a sport first has to be recognized: it must be administered by an International Federation which ensures that the sport's activities follow the Olympic Charter. If it is widely practiced around the world and meets a number of criteria established by the IOC session, a recognized sport may be added to the Olympic program on the recommendation of the IOC's Olympic Program Commission.”

Squash and karate were just two of the sports left disappointed after the last round of judging in 2009 - and didn’t even make it to a full vote. Both are administered by an international federation, both are widely practiced around the world - but neither made the grade.

There’s suggestions that golf and rugby were frankly just seen as more marketable, as having more commercial value. And when you look at the additions of BMX and open water swimming to the last Olympics in Beijing in 2008 - billed as an attempt to attract a younger audience - maybe sexy sports are the way forward.

And talking of sexy...

Posted by ,
Filed under:  Olympics
  1. Killian Donnellan

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    it is not a sport and it just degrade the Olympics

May 31, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Reply
  2. ec1warc1

"Should pole dancing join the Olympic party?"
    In a word, NO.

May 31, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  3. Pedro

You even dare to call that a sport ? That's insulting to the very spirit of Olympics. Get a grip.

May 31, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  4. CelticTrini

What the h#@* Absolutely not!!!

May 31, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  5. Trini-Joe.

That this question even arises, we have truly lost our way.
    Goodbye Olympics.

May 31, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Reply
  6. Patrician

If either of you had ever tried pole dancing or pole fitness you would understand the Incredible poise, strength, grace and skill required. Come to think of it, what is so different from this and gymnastics for example, except this is a vertical pole and those are horizontal?

May 31, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  7. Chimp

Yes if they perform nude...like the original Olympians
    If they have clothes what's the point?

May 31, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Reply
  8. trimi

for sure yes!!!

May 31, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Reply
  9. MobiusEight

Sure, why not? This stuff is incredibly difficult to do and amazing to watch when done by a professional. We already have women doing ridiculous flips and tumbles on a mat in front of a crowd in a form-fitting outfit. I don't see how this is much different from that.

May 31, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  10. Paul

Dunno about pole dancing, but lap dancing should be.

May 31, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Reply
  11. zainab

Should pole dancing join the Olympics? Should ballet? Capoeira? Krav Maga? Kabaddi? That Afghan game with the headless goat carcass?

There are plenty of physically demanding activities that people partake of, but the Olympics are already a bloated, overly hyped advertising juggernaut and I don't see why we need to ad to the madness with a 'sport' that was originally designed as raunchy entertainment when burlesque got to be passe. There are more sports that probably should be removed from the Olympic lineup than added in.

May 31, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Reply
  12. MD

This just proves that women need to look at themselves and realize that women keep themselves down, it is not men's fault. I am a female.

May 31, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  13. Kate Russe

A definite NO is my vote. Many activities require dedication and muscle tone that does not mean they should be in the Olympics. For the traditional/honor of the games...let this one fade.

May 31, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Reply
  14. patrick the wise

If this becomes an event in the Olympics, then I will simply stop watching the Olympics.

Simple.

I don't think that this is anything more than "me too".

Any MEN interested in this ...perversity... or is it to be dominated by only women ? I think I smell a fish.

May 31, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  15. Beelzebub

Absolutely, along with stripping and turning tricks. Maybe they could work in drug peddling and loan sharking as well.

May 31, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  16. Babak from LA

Well I guess now I might have a reason to see the Olympics:)

May 31, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Reply
  17. OpenMind

Absolutely! And I'd like to take this opportunity to nominate mud wrestling for the future games!

May 31, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Reply
  18. Miroslav

Yes and yes.Why not? If the guys who make a proposition for a such discipline persistently continue to lobby for the idea it may work.And, after all, that could be very interesting, not as a "main stage" event, rather as "entertainment olympic".

May 31, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Reply
  19. alehandro

Aesthetically, pole dancing, when performed as an exercise as opposed to a titillation, Is not radically different in nature from rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized swimming or even figure skating and they're each included in the Games, so, theoretically, why discriminate against the pole? But I think the bigger question is whether the Olympics needs any more sports or whether it actually needs to downsize. In the last 20 years or so the Games have become increasingly amorphous and increasingly unwieldy which has diluted their impact. For example, as I understand it, tickets for some of the less popular Olympic sports have yet to sell out for the London Games. Maybe the public is trying to tell the IOC something? Let's face it, the symbolic significance of having some sports in the Olympics is only of concern to those with a vested interest – i.e the fans and practitioners of that sport. To the general population (and let's not forget the Olympics are a cultural celebration not just a sports event) these sports are often little more than a curiosity which wouldn't be missed if they weren't there., So to add another minor event to the Games in the interest of being eclectic is just vanity, and, more importantly in these tough economic times, an added expense to an already obscenely expensive undertaking. So, no, keep pole dancing off the Olympic program and also look at pruning some other events that lack mass appeal. And, while they're at it, get rid of tennis, golf, men's basketball, and men's football, which each have ample exposure on the international stage and boast high profile world championships that supersede Olympic glory by some margin.

May 31, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Reply
  20. sandy

yes, i think it has absolute merit as an olympic sport. however, i think we'd be hard pressed to get past the tee-hee factor in men whilst still calling it "pole dancing". i have a "pole" for working out at my home, my husband knows i use it for a workout, but it still conjures the less wholesome connotations that people who participate in the activity as a sport are in the thralls of combatting. so, i call it the "vertical bar". just changing the title has an effect. that would go right along with parallel bars, horizontal bar, and balance beam.

June 1, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Reply
  21. kidding me

...trying to achieve something that is clearly out of ones league.

Maintain the Olympic bar for athletes, not "part time" wannabe gymnasts!

Sure it is hard, but so is dancing, golf, surfing or flipping a pencil around my hand wrist!

June 2, 2012 at 9:37 am | Reply
  22. Mark

Yes, absolutely! Pole competitions have being going on around the globe for many years and the men and women who perform are simply phenomenal! It is an extraordinary sport and art form of strength and agility, well deserving of the Olympics!

June 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Reply
  23. bond 007

I'll watch it only if there are no clothes.

June 2, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Reply
  24. Suzanne

Pole Art SHOULD be in the Olympics! For those who are not familiar with the direction that it has taken check out http://www.poleart.org or Google Oona Kivela who used to be an Olympian. If you are over 22 in most of Olympic sports you are a has been. Some of the greatest pole artists in the world are in their 40's and one national competitor is 61 year old! It is about time that there is an opportunity for older competitors to shine in a sport!

June 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Reply
  25. Joe Sixpack

HELL YEAH!

June 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Reply
  26. Biggins

If I want sport, I will watch the Olympics.
    If I want just a form of entertainment, I'll go to a show or switch on the TV, etc.

June 5, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Reply
  27. icekhairu

Hhhhhmmm to be nutral at this matter pole dancing does test one's physical and mental discipline although wouldn't it just be considered dancing but what do i know i just like to watch anyway

June 6, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  28. Brock MacLean

It will sell advertising, so that is what this is all about....I go to the US, all the coverage is about American athletes. Here in Canada, most of the TV coverage on the Olympics is about Canadian athletes. It's all BS....we seldom see the world's best sports anyways, so why not let the women show off their trim! I think they have allowed curling in the Winter Olympics. That is about as athletic as being a card shark! I would prefer they consider roller derby..then the Olympics would garner my attention. The best sport around..what happened with RD anyways????

June 8, 2012 at 1:46 am | Reply
  29. cravin moorehead

Let me get this straight. The geniuses on the Olympic Committee got rid of women's softball. The reason? The U.S. won too much. Now, they want to replace it with golf (not a sport. It's a game) and pole dancing (not a sport. It's a wood creator).

What has happened the the pure sport that is was when the modern games were created? Now it's become a cash cow.

I'm done with it.

June 8, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Reply
  30. nate

any of you out there who want to watch to see a girl in a skimpy outfit are immature and should not be watching the olympics anyway. There are plenty of other ways for you people to watch preteen foreign girls undressing, and you should probably get some therepy to overcome these issues. The rest of you who look down on people who partake in this sport need to get a grip. If you put a stripper on the balance beam she could probably be erotic with it. If an athlete is a true artist with the " "vertical bar" then the sport should be taken seriously and not be ridiculed by people who know absolutely nothing about it other than what they have seen at their local strip club. The bottom line is any sport can be practiced with or without respect and proffesoinalism, and an athlete needs to have both to be an olympian.

June 8, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  31. greatbluedune

Seems that the pole is the biggest disagreement here and the "thorn" in most eyes. Since this "sport" cannot be performed without it, then paint it black. Kidding asisde, every sport that is being played at the Olympics these days derived from something that was sinister in nature at its origins. The Greeks organized the first Olympic games to distance the human physical capabilities from the atrocities of wars and to prove that physical skill, strength, and stamina, could be rewarded by gold, or silver, or bronze, – most importantly – self satisfaction, and not a human sacrifice or result in death. Romans, as you remember, were very fond of gladiators' "games" which turned into more sophisticated and less bloody Olympic sports. But I digress.
    To decide, ask yourself this question (that should also be asked before any sport can be allowed at the Olympic Games, or any games whatsoever): wold you like your son or daughter to perform this sport in public or not?
    Would I want pole-dancing at the Olympics in its current version? – NO. But, if it's more refined and matured, and regulated, sure – why not.

June 8, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  32. Mark

Pole dancing: YES
    Roller Derby: YES

June 8, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Reply
  33. Observer

June 8, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Reply
  34. Lillian Sachs

This should be a joke, right? Comparing it to the Rhythmic Gymnastics and Figure Skating does not justify it! all of them are wrong and humiliating, women in sexy bikinis performing seductive moves! how can we call this a sport? just because it needs poise and strength doesn't make it a sport! Maybe soon we will see Kama Sutra in the Olympics, who knows!

June 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Reply
  35. Seriously?

There is no need to add yet-another-wannabe to the already bloated games. I am sooo bored watching the semi-finals of competitive line dancing and yodeling waiting for something that is moderately interesting to come on, that I don't waste effort thinking about the Olympics as a "must see" any longer. It's more ad-driven airtime. There's no competitive in it when it's commercially focused. Why not put sponsorship logos on the athlete's uniforms? It would make more sense that way. I can hear it now... "Women's floor event brought to you by Staples Office Supplies...That was easy..." (as if!)

Ok, so fine. So pole dancing is hard. So is raising 2 teenaged daughters to maturity as a single dad. There's no olympic event for that, but I doubt any of the athletes would challenge my endurance and mental focus in this years-long event. YOU try negotiating with a 16 year old girl that she does not need to have her driver's license like every other kid in school.

Let's get a frickin grip here. The Olympics don't solve or prove anything with long term value. Let's solve a bigger issue, like, how to fix the world's financial and employment markets which are currently crumbling around us.

June 8, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Reply
  36. Butch

CNN-SPORTS: Yes, next on today's Olympic venue is pole dancing follwoed by the first round of Tiddlywinks.

June 8, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Reply
  37. dudley

Just because it's difficult doesn't mean it is worthy of the Olympics. If that were the case every guy and gal in the circus would be heading towards the Olympics – even the clowns.

Hay bale throwing isn't included either, or rodeo, cage fighting, cliff diving, piano moving, financing the better 401K or cat herding – and a lot of us participate in that!

June 10, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  38. athul

Yes, I’ll admit it. I have been known to pole dance. And yes, there are pictures to prove it. No, you’re not seeing them. And I can assure you I didn’t take my clothes off. But I will say that an afternoon meant to be a bit of fun was one of the most painful and bruise

June 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Reply
  39. Kat

Pole dancing is not a sport and should not be allowed at the Olympics. This is to say that anything that requires a little effort and sweat is a sport. What country can mow a lawn the best or clean the entire house. Kinda absurd.

June 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  40. Glory Kodzo Dzramedo

Then you might as well add lawn mowing, wall painting, land tilling, orange harvesting, cotton spinning etc. The Olympic sports must be pruned down there are just too many pretenders in there.

June 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Reply
  41. Adam R

count me in as one of the judges.

June 20, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  42. vermad

Why?

Simple – advertising revenue and nothing else. The Olympics like most sporting events is now only a vehicle for revenue generation from Television coverage a which is driven by advertising dollars and is not about actual excellence in sports.

Don't believe me?

How many ugly athletes do you see being featured on pre Olympic coverage? Really ask yourself next time you see a special segment on an athlete or a sports personality.

Have you ever wondered about he selection criteria for that coverage?

No well think again most of that coverage is being pushed by the advertisers working for the sponsors of that athlete.

So why not pole dancing? Advertisers would love the guaranteed audience.......and at least for once the audience might actually find the footage compelling.

June 23, 2012 at 9:20 am | Reply
  43. Leah Reis

No! There are enough events now that don't blong in the Olympics.

June 25, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Reply
  44. freddysaces

Sorry, but if EQUESTRIAN / DRESSAGE can be a sport in the olympics, so can this. And don't even get me started about curling in the winter games.

June 25, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Reply
  45. freddysaces

And did anyone actually WATCH the video. Tell me there's not as much strength and balance (and practice) requirement as a gymnast.

June 25, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Reply
  46. elizabeth

Please, NO.

June 26, 2012 at 12:16 am | Reply
  47. Lana

It's all about how your imagination works really... If you turn off the stereotypes in your brain, then you can see the real beauty without the sleazy part of it... Look at the expressions of the athletes and their body movements. It's a Russian ballet combined with acrobatics, it can have a beautiful story and it can lead to development emotionally...

June 26, 2012 at 4:57 am | Reply
  48. mzungu

Pole dancing was never a sport and am still wondering if the right question should be "should pole dancing be included in the Olympics". IT SHOULD NEVER BE INCLUDED IN THE OLYMPICS, PERIOD.

June 27, 2012 at 6:51 am | Reply
  49. jimmy

sure, why not? we already have ridiculous events like synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics, which should be relegated to beauty pageants. and curling, which requires virtually no athletic ability. and all the "hot dog" skiing events, which have little to do with the olympic motto "swifter, higher, stronger" but instead revolve around who would look more cool in a mountain dew or red bull commercial.

June 27, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Reply
  50. Edward Sauce

Should fellatio be an Olympic sport? Idiots.

June 27, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Reply
  51. Bubba Baxter

Why are they wearing clothes. Every pole dancer I ever saw had nothing on and wanted money from me. Why are these bimbos any different

June 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  52. Bubba Baxter

Pro wrastling should be included as well., or maybe femal naked boxing. Yeah lets get the naked babes boxing , Im all for that

June 29, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Reply
  53. tgm

Would the Polish team have an unfair advantage?

June 29, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Reply
  54. Jack

Yes. But it should be performed by the gymnastic athletes. They will be able to bring respectablility to pole dancing as a sport.

July 2, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Reply
  55. chrissy

ABSOLUTELY NOT. STOP IT NOW – THIS IS THE OLYMPICS!

July 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Reply
  56. Hubertus

If men hurting each other and throwing spears is the basis of the Olympics, then women should be allowed to degrade themselves equally. The only real question is, should there be male pole dancing?

July 3, 2012 at 6:49 am | Reply
  57. h. scheiver

hell yeah, why miss another opportunity for ogling scantily clad women spreading their legs (I bet men competing will be fully clothed).

July 3, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Reply
  58. wally

Yes let them be in the olympics. It is a great skill to have and takes a lot of strength and stamina to compete in that type of sport. It also gets women out of the kitchen

July 5, 2012 at 9:28 am | Reply
  59. JCP

I believe pole dancing it is 100 times a more physical demanding sport than ICE CURLING.or for that matter ridding a horse and jumping obstacles.
    In my opinion Pole dancing is a dramatical and challenging as any gymnastics sport.

SO YES

July 5, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Reply
  60. TP

Was this a slow news day or what? This is absolutely preposterous.
    No NO NO NO.
    You might as well make strip tease an olympic event.
    What idiot decided to give legitimacy to this story?

July 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Reply
  61. bunnybear

According to recent media reports, quite a bit of 'pole' dancing occurs in the Games Village.

July 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  62. Tom

No – I feel its erotic connotations make it immodest for an Olympic scenario. Do it at home.

July 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  63. Captain Real

Not if the dancers pictured are the competitors

July 13, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  64. banerjee

Its a metter of perception. This is a tough sport. Its an ancient martial sport in India. practiced mostly by men. The pole is usually wooden and quite thick. Its called malkhamb. Its quite tough and the moves are a bit different. There are jumps etc Noone thinks its erotic.

gymnasts are already twirling around props in skimpy clothes. This is not that different.

July 14, 2012 at 4:28 am | Reply
  65. limsky

Why for we can't see those pictures Amanda?

July 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Reply
  66. FStocking

If a game where people run around with brooms between their legs, while pretending they are flying is a sport, then why not this?

July 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Reply
  67. Tim

The Olympics belong to the ARISTOCRACY. So, unless sports such as bowling and pole dancing are associated with and performed by the ARISTOCRACY,

July 15, 2012 at 12:19 am | Reply
  68. joel

The Olympics began many centuries ago for Greeks to display military prowess without actually killing each other. Do you think javelin was always so banal? It grew out of a spirit of pure competition where glory could be attained from pure sport that was also applicable to the lives of the countries they represent. While the idea of pure sport and competition remain there are examples that skew our perceptions of what is pure sport. We allow synchronized swimming, Ice skating in pairs and singularly, surfing, and other athletic displays that are an example of personal artistry within a certain theater. Even if pole dancing is a place where it's used for arousal in an overwhelming degree, isn't it still a display of athleticism within a certain parameter that can be judged? Are of you curlers? That's a random sport..

July 15, 2012 at 2:20 am | Reply
  69. Suz

I agree JCP. I see more skin on the male swimmers, in the Olympics. And, see just as much skin on the beach. If you guys look past your anatomical mental challenges, you will see the body of athletes. Check out Wikpedia and other information on the sport.

July 15, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  70. Fawad Khalid Ali

Olympics games are a good event for every nation in the world bcoz Our religon Islam told us sports is part a of humun body. i know Athletics is mother of games but it is very sorry to say our country is very back of this game. no one any sportsman or woman who was stand on the top rank. the major reason is that their is no facilities in our country and no one who hero in this game. But i like Athletics.

July 18, 2012 at 6:34 am | Reply
  71. Fawad Khalid Ali

why you are targeted to Islam. like Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Qwaut, Afghanistan. Why ???????????.
    Islam is peace ful religon not tarist religon. Give me Ans. Who is ready for answer Giving me???????????????

July 18, 2012 at 6:46 am | Reply
  72. AJax

I can hears the commentators now "'Sparkles' and 'Chardonnay' are the early favorites to win the gold but you can't rule out 'Candi' and 'Sahara' to pull out the upset. The field is thinned out a bit with "Alizay" being sidelined with a friction burn and 'Cheyanne' out with what is simply being called 'a rash'. Coming to the Olympics stage first, iiiiiiiiIIIITTTTTTT"s Destiny!"

July 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Reply
  73. Charlie

NOPE

didn't read article
    moving on.

July 24, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Reply
  74. cnd_bobby

ABSOLUTELY YES!!

Anything that makes the Olympics exciting to watch (literally) must be included.

I will add catfigth as well ... Ooops, sorry, already included: it is called female wrestling :-|

July 25, 2012 at 2:20 am | Reply
  75. Pedro

It isn't a good idea :s

July 25, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Reply
  76. jackhole

Should pole dancing join the Olympic party? NO, but it is very welcome to join the after-party!!!

July 25, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Reply
  77. T$$$$

Is this article serious? lololol

July 25, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Reply
  78. kenzie

I nothing against strippers and though who do pole dancing but I don't think pole dancing should be displayed as a sport. I wouldn't want my kids watching men or women dancing on a pole (even if they are in clothes).

July 25, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Reply
  79. Chelle

I'm amazed at those who express such strong, close minded opinions about a SPORT they know nothing about. First, I must clarify that this sport includes both females and males. Second, its called pole dancing, aerial pole, or vertical pole. Its not stripping and does not include erotic dancing. Erotic dancing is found in an erotic dance club. Do I really need to explain this? Smh. EVERY argument that I have heard that is against pole dancing entering the olympics ais filled with misinformation and stereotypes. In my opinion, arguments based on ignorance is not valid.

July 25, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Reply
  80. Chelle

As a person who have pole danced for 2 years, I have heard every joke in the book and have been asked several times what club I work in and do I take off clothes. The answer is no, no, no! Lol. Pole Dancing is a sport that is still largely unknown to many, so I do understand the preconceived notions. The athleticism, strength, and flexibility that professional pole dancers exhibit is astounding. Many performances that I have watched is not erotic, but is actually quite beautiful, artistic, and impressive. Aerial pole should be in the Olympics. It deserves a chance.

July 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  81. magnus

if pole dancing becomes a sport, it would destroy the integrity of the Olympics.

July 26, 2012 at 3:02 am | Reply