April 8th, 2010

Why Jose will end Barcelona's Champions League dream

London, England - What a week in the Champions League. Twelve goals in four matches, 10 of them scored in Barcelona and Manchester. While the brilliance of Leo Messi and Arjen Robben must be praised, it is my opinion that neither of them will lift the European Cup in Madrid this year. That honour will go to Internazionale.

Jose Mourinho: Can he upset Barca’s plans for European Champions League glory?
Jose Mourinho: Can he upset Barca’s plans for European Champions League glory?

I expect you want me to justify my pick, and I will gladly do so.

Right now, Barcelona are the bookies favorite. Most fans around Europe, and indeed around the world, also expect the Spanish giants to become the first team to defend the Champions League title since the format of the competition changed back in 1992.

However, although I love watching Barcelona play, and believe they are the best footballing side on the planet, they will fall at the feet of Inter Milan in the semi-finals. Jose Mourinho will be a big reason for their defeat.

Recently, before Inter played the second leg of their tie with Chelsea, the Inter manager admitted to watching the first leg match seven times. He analyzed and dissected the game, coming up with a masterplan that worked marvellously at Stamford Bridge. The Nerazzuri departed London with a famous victory.

I now expect my compatriot to dig into the archives and watch two specific games a few times over: both legs of last season’s semi-final between Barcelona and Chelsea. The Blues did what few teams have managed to do over the last two years, and that is to contain Pep Guardiola’s mean scoring machine.

They seemed to plug all the gaps and frustrate their opponents over both matches. Of course, they were eliminated by a last gasp goal from Andres Iniesta, but for large parts of that tie, they were in control.

So look for Mourinho to design a plan to contain Messi and company. He’s got plenty of physical players in midfield like Esteban Cambiasso, Thiago Motta and Dejan Stankovic and that will help his team’s cause.

I don’t expect a flurry of goals over the two legs, maybe only three or four - but when all is said and done, Inter will be on top.

After that, they will go on to beat Bayern Munich in the final in Madrid and win the European Cup for the first time since 1965.

Posted by ,
Filed under:  Football
  1. Varun

Lol Perdo you seem have caught the Ben Wyatt bug, haven't you.
    "United will win the Champions League ... I feel it in my bones" article
    and now you. He also famously said, "Inter win, no doubt." against Barca.

Where are you living? I think you are watching too many other sports to know, this Barca side is not just a footballing side, They are THE greatest footballing side Ever.
    Mourino won at Chelsea(a weak and old team) Inter couldn't beat Barca in Group stage when they needed a Win mind you as the inter needed a win to make sure they qualify. That time Mourinho wasn't serious are you saying.

April 8, 2010 at 11:27 am | Reply
  2. Mwaniki

Fine fine. Nothing much. Man u forever. We can win a hundred times.

April 8, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  3. Shlomo

Pedro ( not Perdo,.....Varun....heard about spelling ?...) is absolutely right ! On the money ! It's Mou who will beat Barcelona ( and I agree that they are the best club team in the world now ! ), through careful analysis and brilliant planning, with the help of excellent execution by the Inter players. Chelsea is not yet a " weak and old team "(....noticed their position in the EPL ?....) , and that's how they were beaten by Inter.
    We may like , personally, Jose or not, but there is no questioning the fact that he's the most brilliant coach/manager in the world today....if he only had Messi in his own team....
    Mourinho was as serious last year as he is now, but his team was not ready yet. They are much more ready this year, and should they miss it now (...watch Messi...the other genius in the equation...), you can bet it they will win it next year ! My money on it !

April 8, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  4. Kamami Maina

Hey Pedro
    You refer to Inter's physicality as a plus for Barcelona?Well Yaya Toure and Milito shouldn't be too small?right?and on Barcelona's strengths,they previously used to play their trademark passing game in the heart of midfield only.They now can do it anywhere in the pitch..with players like Xavi,Iniesta ,Keita,Messi and PEDRO able to play anywhere beyond the back four Cambiasso and company will be loitering all over the pitch creating spaces for Ibra and Bojan..

April 8, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  5. Mohamed

The only true statement I could really agree with here is that placing Bayern Munich in the final. Other than that, it is pure speculation. In fact, if the French have never been lucky in front of the German (back in Africa, we call it "le Complexe Français"), nothing- so far- seem to be able to hinder the march of Barcelona. For the first time in modern history, one can talk of an "intercheangeable" team: pull one, put one, you still have the power, the strength, and the vivacity of two. This is a team than changes and adapts to every situation as it presents itself to its elements. Coach wise, the only tactician capable of making it hard on them is Van Gaal (of Bayern Munich). But making it hard on Barca does not necessarily mean beating Barca. And that is my "one million final answer"

April 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  6. INTERtwined

I like that thought, hope you are right, Forza Nerrazzuri!!!

April 8, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  7. stivovo

This is the analysis of a wounded ManU supporter. what else can we expect from you?

April 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Reply
  8. adu

i think inter will beat barca.but it will be a tight contest.

April 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Reply
  9. adu

i think inter will beat barca but it will be a tight contest.but am sure bayern will win the champs league..

April 8, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  10. Philip

If Morinho wil throw away his biggness and apply chelsea 2008/2009 tactise he can beat Barcelona

April 8, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  11. Seun

Nice analysis from the writer... Inter will wake up from sleep if they were dreaming they won Barcelona.. Have you not noticed or studied that barca is not a one man team.. Hold messi and Bojan, the young lad will run you down, hold Xavi and the incredible Iniesta wont give you space. Watch out and then will you know that Barca is the only team that cant be predicted...

April 8, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  12. Philip

I wish inter milan all the best

April 8, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Reply
  13. Sunny

90 min's 'll tell mr jug'

April 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Reply
  14. Emmanuel essien

My names are emmanuel essien,a die heart fan of liverpoolfc.The match that will be played between barcelona and inter milan is not going to be an easy one all together but i have to give it to inter bcos their effort and experience 'll determine their winning.pls keep me posted when the time comes.thank you.this is my e-mail :emmanuelessien27@yahoo.com

April 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Reply
  15. Cristian

I would wait until after 10th of April(Real-Barca) to predict if Barcelona will be desperate to clinch Champions League or they'll be a bit tired of winning. I don't think Inter can win , but i think Barcelona may lose.

April 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Reply
  16. TheTruth

MUAHAHAHA ! I hope you'll be as prompt to write an article when Barcelona will DESTROY InterMilan and when they'll humiliate Lyon who will (b)eat Bayern Munich with a play-fork !

April 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  17. Larry Odey

Pedro, very good overall analysis. My only concern is that if Mourinho scores first and tries to "Park the Bus" typical of him then He will have to work hard enough to contain or survive the wave of attacks from Messi and the rest of the Barca attackers. I fancy Barca to go all the way but Mourinho can be a deadly fox to play against especially in big matches like this.

April 8, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Reply
  18. gister

i want inter to win...a change is needed..a breath of new fresh air in the champions league

April 8, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Reply
  19. marctessi

olympic lyon will win this years champions league final!why you ask,here is why!because they play the best football(ya even better than barcelona)they beat real madrid which has in my small opinoin the best squad!look out aswell for bayern munich,they have the dutch armada plus little napoleon and admiral van gaal!

grettings marc

April 8, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Reply
  20. ayoola

he can neva beat barcelona.barca is defending the cup..............forca barca.........4 life

April 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Reply
  21. iMessi

ROL! He of little faith! It’s evident that Messi is an enormous contributing factor to producing goals for Barca, but remember that all of this is made possible by a team effort. So if you think boxing in Messi will work, please do, as I am confident that Pep will only reach into his Marlin the Magician bag and pull out the rest of his arsenal and strategically fortify his team.

April 8, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  22. Fola Atoloye

You seem to be so sure that mou will beat pep but in football, it just doesnt work that way. Mou is, for me the greatest coach i know but Barca is the world's best team that will always stand up 2 the billing when the clarion call beckons. I give both teams a 50-50 chance of winning.

April 8, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Reply
  23. DesertFox

That's easier said than done. BARCA will destroy Inter and you gonna write another article of how their opponents in the final are going to beat BARCA only for you to be proven wrong again when they lift the cup again. The only team that is capable of beating BARCA is BARCA themselves. FORZA BARCA

April 8, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Reply
  24. Johnson, warri

We like it this way when all the fans of different clubside especially the premiership talk one thing or the other to pull down other people. I have one message for u pedro pinto included, come on the 21st and 27th of april we see what coment u post here because inter and jose would be in for the greatest football ever seen.

April 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Reply
  25. Chidi kanu

Having come this far with Inter this season,i hope it,s time for the 'special one' to celebrate with INTER. Chidi/Nigeria.

April 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Reply
  26. Sergio

You may be right, but your logic is certainly flawed. If all he had to do was to analyze game tapes, then surely he wouldn't have lost to Barça in the group stage, would he?

April 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Reply
  27. Idofi suleiman

I think jose wil be the owner of this [CL]. Tell the world i said that......

April 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Reply
  28. Dave

Barca will not win the Champions League ... simply put they are not good enough.

To win the champions league you must:

a) Be able to score – No bother to Barca
    &
    b) Be able to defend – Big Bother to Barca

Barca will leak goals and all it will take to beat them is a good team that will hold their shape and defend.

April 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Reply
  29. Guze

So much for these analysis,listen to the words of the method man,inter is goin to madrid with negative foötball from d special one

April 8, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Reply
  30. Lekan

I'm very happy that we are 4rm d same group,nothing much 2 debate on,i don't see any other person lifting a cup dan barca coz pple say more dan these b/4 we defeat arsenal,so 4get it

April 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Reply
  31. Makev

Hahaha..yet another cnn blogger wrighting off Barca, i actually find it quite amusing having your noses rubbed in it by this brilliant barca team, so i'm not even going to waist my time trying to argue with you mr pinto..if anything i think it actually galvanise barcelona to destroy the opposition so keep it up you wonderfull journos. Oh and everybody's all lyrical about jose mourinho and he rightly deserves it, but seems to forget that in pep gaurdiola barca have an equally young, astute, brilliant, levelheaded technically givted and knowledgeble coach! its gonna be tough but i doubt that inter have the quality to outshine us over two legs.

April 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Reply
  32. Lion

Lyon defeated the big REAL and will do the same to the BAYERN (which was defeated twice by Bordeaux), even though the German seem to play better and better. Manchester lost because of too much confidence.
    After that, in one game, anything is possible.

"The only team that is capable of beating BARCA is BARCA themselves.": Yeah, always the same excuse when the favorite team looses!!!

April 8, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  33. Stefano

Ciao Pedro,

I am glad to read your comment about Inter, at this moment I can tell you that most supporters in Milano were impressed by Messi 4 goals to Arsenal therefore they are afraid about the forthcoming match.
    I am pretty confident about it, if we are able to keep the same pace we had back at Stanford Bridge, we'll have our chance...
    I am proud to tell everyone that this is the best Inter I've ever seen, it's a pleasure just to watch them playing
    Forza Ragazzi!!!

April 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  34. olso

Just a small detail, cambiasso is anything BUT a physical player, he's a twig!!! Motta the only thing he can do is foul. The inter players that are going to play decently are schneider, stankovic and perhaps milito

Anyways, if Inter can cancel out barça's play, then they should be able to go through, however I do not see that happening. If barça played like they played against arsenal, I would expect them to ease to the final. As far as inter is concerned, they are not winning games anymore in the Serie A and I doubt they will retain the scudetto. I still expect a barça-bayern final but hey, this is football and surprises happen

Overall, quite a mediocre blog btw. Lacks detail on how chelsea managed to contain and almost knock out barça and instead just gave a brief generalization on mourinho and inter. I'm not disagreeing with Pedro on most of his comments simply because he offers no concrete discussion on what might be mourinho's game plan (possibly contain the MIDFIELD and use schneider's passing and dribbling ability to expose gaps in Barça's defence- Barça defenders tend to drift off at times; just an example)

April 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Reply
  35. Marco

The writer is his compatriot, and all know that Portuguese are good at a few things...one of which is dreaming...This dream of yours is likely to prove itself a nightmare for your egotistical soccer coach. I will give you this...miracles can happen.

April 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  36. Marcio Moura

Alhtough I admit that Mourinho is an master in soccer chez, I am of the opinion that Barcelona will also be a different team against Inter. You are analizing what Mourinho can do but not what Guardiola will do to defeat Inter. Although Mourinho is my compatriot as well, he is not the one who has to score a goal but Messi is. For the strong attitue and never give up team, I bet on Bayern... remember this note later.. Marcio

April 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Reply
  37. Osita

I agree with you Pedro, I have been telling my friends that Inter or Lyon will win this cup. This two teams have a way of defending and attacking without giving their opponents space to play their game. And also controling the game when they are leading in a match. Inter probably have the edge over Lyon.

April 8, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Reply
  38. Varun

As "DesertFox: above said.
    Huge bias against Barca everywhere in press outside Catalunya.

April 8, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  39. Jonathan

Hi Pedro,

I disagree with the thought that Mourinho will be the big reason why they beat Barcelona.
    In ALL the comments I miss one name, Pep Guardiola, for me the very special one.
    He had the best master during the time that he played in Barca's " dream team", his name was Johan Cruyff.
    Last year he played his game, it did not worked out in the beginning ( First 6 weeks) but after that it was a display of joy.
    Mr. Mourinho will never reach that level.......
    What he is looking for is money to buy succes, and if the results are dissapointing , he will come up with an excuse where he wants be in the future.
    So Inter-Barca will be attack against pure catenaccio, that's why there are no people in the stadiums.

Whatever the result will be, everybody talks about the style of play of proberbly the best team in the world.......!!!!!!!

April 8, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Reply
  40. Shumi

This is not the first time I here someone speculating that Barca can be stopped by "antifootball". There even were guys who, having attempted this tactics, came very close to succeeding.

But, just like Gus Hiddink and Chelsea failed last year, so should Mourinho and Inter this time.

And yes, if Inter decides to play open attacking football against barca, they are doomed from the very first minute of the first semifinal game. If they just try to "kill" the game instead by playing ultra-defensive, the whole thing may again drag on to the very last minute🙂

April 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Reply
  41. Majeed Balogun

Pedro Pinto has aptly described the 'Special One' and Professor of football. Though a 'Gunner', I have great admiration and respect for both- Barca and Inter. But, this time around, the Special One will contain Messi and Barca's free-flowing football. The Special One is a great tactician and I bet you, he will surprise bookmakers and soccer pundits all over the globe.

April 8, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Reply
  42. remigius chukwu

hello to every one .barca will beat win inter with a wide goal margine.barca has got more individual players than inter.the messiless messi will deal with inter at nou camp.up barca

April 8, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Reply
  43. pablo

you dont know nothing of futbol.
    sorry but barca is the best team of the world and they will beat inter and bayer.

April 8, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Reply
  44. Musa Pada

I know that Mourinho is good but He should be prepared to receive his WORST DEFEAT ever in his career as a coach...Be warned THE WISE ONE

April 8, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Reply
  45. d

mourinho's good but don't you think guardiola's going to be doing the same thing... just because barca has such a strong side doesn't mean they're going to be like let's just go score some goals. Also, like you said they are the best so even though we are looking at a great match, I'm sure guardiola knows what he's up against better than you or I do.
    A major factor will be if inter can contain Messi which if done right can help a lot as we saw from the first leg against arsenal.

April 8, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Reply
  46. Daniel Pertuz

You seem to forget: Barcelona has outplayed Mou's teams throughout the past years: both Inter and Chelsea (who can forget the whining over Messi's injury when they player a couple of years ago). And the worst display of football in the first leg of the championship was Inter playing Barcelona. Mourinho always has tricks up his sleeve and I am a fan of what he does, but you can't take Barcelona and specially Pep for granted. Barca to win it all!!!

April 8, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Reply
  47. nabi

Personally I think the author misses just one fundemantal point. He assumes that Guardiola will just sit down while enjoying his drink and do nothing about Inter (not even watching Inter's previous games at least for example) while Maurinho madly analysing Barcelona.

April 8, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Reply
  48. THE UNBREAKABLE

Messi is the world most porpular, he is the ernermost tarlented player who have eye to A goal. i sorport the motiom that say messi is more than any player in the world

April 8, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Reply
  49. Ahmed

it seems that you'r in a dream so keep on your dream and don't wake up cause if you you will be shocked
    inter can never win barsa simply because barcelona play not only better than inter but also more beautifull than it
    i am sorry if i was a little bit offensive but the is my opinion i keep it and you keep yours until 20 & 28 april

April 8, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  50. Shakey, Kaduna

Pedro, who knows, no one ever gave Chelsea to play the way they did against Barcelona last season. We should all just wait and see what "the Spacial one" game plan will be, you know why? I believe he can get it right against Barcelona!!!

April 8, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  51. Moustaf

Hi Pedro,

The best team in the world will with the European Cup, despite your faith in J. Mourhino.

Barcelona is not Chealsea. They have a great manager too!

I am waiting for your comments after Barcelona will trash Inter

April 8, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  52. Ogbogu ndubuisi

Morinho wil use is mouth magic, to kill the spirit of pep guadiola bfore the match commence. Inter 4 final..

April 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  53. lavror

I think the winner of the match between barca and inter will be won champions league

April 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  54. chinyere

i agree; mourinho is the man for the cup! C'mon Jose!

April 8, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Reply
  55. slim

you talk of mourinho watching barca's game and coming up with a masterplan as if guardiola will be away on holidays,,,,,,,,,he will know very well inter plan on playing like chelsea and with his experience from last years semis he will come up with his own masterplan,,,,,,,it is not such an easy call,,,,,,the best team will win and may it be barca

April 8, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Reply
  56. Peter0811

If Inter would win it would not be because of the grumpy guy sitting on the sidelines, but because of wesley sneijder!

April 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Reply
  57. sawin_kop

yeah...wow..united 'qualified' straight away into the finals...n they will definitely 'win' the cup...hahaha what a joke...united winning CL....wake dude.....united are losers....

April 8, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Reply
  58. Dungphanduy

I like the way barcelona play and I think they are the best football club in the world. But like MU, If they don't fortunate they will to be defeated by any team.

April 8, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Reply
  59. sawin_kop

hi jonathan.
    for me, pep guardiola is merely a spectator or a fan.
    he don't have to do anything. he just lets the players play n watches them from the bench. u dont coach messi to shoot or iniesta to dribble or xavi to pass the ball or even puyol to mark the opposing striker. no disrespect to pep but any1 at the moment could do pep's job of cheering for the players. i love the way barca play tho.my spanish team.

April 8, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  60. Scarface

Go Jose Go Jose...Inter Milan for King of Europe...Yes We can!!!!

April 8, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  61. Izinegbe Aibangbee

Pedro I agree with your analysis. People underrate the power of observation and preparation, which are attributes Jose Mourinho takes to a different level. There is no skilful set of players that a good game-reader and intelligent players who heed instruction cannot match up against. Barca have lost matches this season, so they are beatable. The trick is to muscle them off the ball, retain possession and concentration, and play through the channel – things Inter under Jose are good at.

April 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Reply
  62. Java

Pedro, i strongly advice that you keep your sentiments to yourself.

April 8, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  63. oke kayode

fingers are crossed; we can only wait.

Jose's sides are known to be physical and effective; barca is more about the art of football and talents.
    it will be a sight to behold.
    dont underestimate messi,
    dont underestimate the "special one" either.
    Jose will prepare his team, his ability to read matches and react is unequalled. however he can only wish for the talents at Pep's disposal.
    Pep should not be overlooked either, he is learning and learning fast.
    Jose, I can only wish you the best

April 8, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Reply
  64. kola

Pedro has the right of opinion on who will win but I do not seem to agree with his analysis. Inter's inability to score goals beyond 1 or 2 in the Champion's league and Barca's high scoring tendency is the most important determining factor. Barca will outscore Inter home and away, and that is all that is needed for Barca's victory.

April 8, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Reply
  65. julian nawrath

You are out of your mind, man! Bayern Munchen will be the champions team!!

April 8, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Reply
  66. Withus

Thank God 4 barca,they ar D best,bt to B sincere,no 1 can predit game,bt i wish barca Best of D march cos they deserv it again,4get abt Mr Int,cos he is a mouth maker.while barca make PEACE.they ar PEACE maker.

April 8, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  67. Filip

I fear that Pedro might be right as JM is a master tactician AND (especially) driven by revenge for his elimination and suspension at the hand of Barça in the past...
    Guardiola is a good coach but he is no tactical mastermind as can be seen by the many bad performances in Spain: you can actually block Barcelona if you block Messi and put pressure on their defence.

April 8, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  68. Sam Irani

Well Jose Mourinho is so smart and he designs the game plan mostly base on weakness of opponent rather than rely on his team capability. He tries to score early and hide his head and defend rest of the game by kicking away......!!! But I believe BARCA benefiting of not less smart coach.........two fox in the field fighting....interesting let see who gone win. But I lean toward BARCA if their coach and player won’t rely too much on Messi and focusing on team as whole.

April 8, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Reply
  69. dooter

Hey Pedro, is this your way of making up with Mourinho? I like how you called him your "compatriot". Lovely analysis though...and i quite agree.

April 8, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Reply
  70. austine

I am a die hard Barca fan.
    I don't see any team stoping us (Barca) to defand their title.
    Braca is the best team in the world now.and we (Barca)is winning the cup for the second time.
    i know ither is a good side but ther (inter) cannot stop us (Barca) from making history.

April 8, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Reply
  71. paul

The only problem with your theory is that the only way to "stop" messi is to tackle him to the ground. So, if thats the plan, I expect iInter to play the matches short handed as their players are sent off for misconduct.

April 8, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Reply
  72. Cosmas

That messi scored 4 goals against arsenal does not determine the match result with inter. I wish he had scored one or two against arsenal and remained the other 4 inter. Mourinho has everything at stake, remember he is not ferguson nor is he wenger. HE IS THE SPECIAL ONE

April 8, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Reply
  73. akc

Well Pedro Pinto, i expected u to be neutral you know, next time when u'll come on TV, i will simply switch the channel. Big boo to u . Besides, u seem to have analysed the thing from one side only. You talk about morinho, Well Pep is on a roll now, did u forget his achievement with BARCA last season. BARCA has a class and they play together as a team. Simply containing one player will not bother them, you know. Everybody in the team has the ability to win the game on their own.

Well lets just wait and see, u're acting over-confident !!!

April 8, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Reply
  74. spear

Man Utd will win the cup in 2011

April 8, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  75. gaspard de la nuit

It is nevertheless going to be interesting a match between the alleged best coach versus the alleged best player. Looking forward for it, pity for they should be met at the final.

April 8, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Reply
  76. Sylvester

Barca wil defeat intermilan cos dey can defeat evry team and dey has what its takes to do so,xavi,iniesta are the bst midfilda in d world

April 8, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Reply
  77. ejovi austine(ph, nigeria)

at this point all chesea fans are now solidly behind inter milan.CL CUP IS FOR THEM

April 8, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Reply
  78. Hilary

I completely agree with you Pedro, the finally will boil down to an Inter-Bayern Final.Barcelona were given something to think about buy an inconsistent Arsenal Team who were written off in the first few minutes of the first leg, it however took another 90 minutes to decide thier fate and if not for thier lack of character (and Fabregas ) the outcome may have been different.
    Mourinho is obsessed with winning the UEFA Champions league haven shown his dominance in Italian Football and leaving nothing further to prove. The question is how Inter will defeat Bayern whom have shown extraordinary class and character from the inception of this tournament,Barca may have finally met thier match and the balance of power in European Club Football is about to be reorganized.

April 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Reply
  79. AtiQ

Mourinho counter attack tacktiks,its the only way out to beat barca but the question is does he have enough defence to stop messi and abrahamovich?

April 8, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Reply
  80. Chris

All of those stating that Inter can beat Barcellona and even go on to win the cup must be dreaming. And I mean seriously dreaming folks !! On an international level they simply don't have a winning mentality (at least not since 1965) and if it weren't for all their money they'd be zero in Italy as well.

I mean anything can happen in soccer folks but I'd very surprised if they can kick Barca out. I'm no Barca fan by the way.

April 8, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  81. LION KING

Barcelona should table a bid for Frank Ribery so that Henry will be replaced on the left flank.

Once Barca buys Ribery, FC Barcelona will become PS3 cheat mode.

The time to buy Ribery is NOW!!!!
    FORCA BARCA, make the purchase Now!!!!!!

Go Barca Go Barca Go!!

April 8, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Reply
  82. Rosa

Well Pedro, with all due respect, is this all you can do to analize a situation. I would have thought that after so many years of watching football and reporting about you would be a little bit comprehensive and specific in your analysis. Come on correct yourself. You can be more professional than that.

April 8, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Reply
  83. Nurudeen

April 8, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Reply
  84. Afolabi gladys

I'm a full hearted barca fan and i belive that my team will never disapoint me and i strongly belive that my team will beat inter and lift the uefa champions league

April 8, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Reply
  85. Carlos Morales

Friends, First please enjoy the match of the year, the game will have the best ingredients, and be proud of the winner as soccer fans.

April 8, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Reply
  86. Tosin

Hahaha,well done mr pp,instead of ur analysis why dont u join him(mou)in italy as d assistant mang,barca dont play 4 fun,we play 2 win,barca wil win home away bcos we play as a team.mark my words..mr pinto inter.

April 10, 2010 at 2:12 am | Reply
  87. John ken

I love all the analysis but what i'm sure of is the uefa cup belong to the 'Special one side'

April 10, 2010 at 8:28 am | Reply
  88. feseke(madrid)

i strongly belief that barca will win inter away n home come next 2 wks...

April 10, 2010 at 8:40 am | Reply
  89. Adeboye Gbenga

Men...d football wizard.messi wil do it again against morinho...barca 4 champions league...

April 10, 2010 at 11:06 am | Reply
  90. Khalid

It is going to be a very difficult game. Inter will probably rely on tactics to counter Barca's offense. Jose Mourinho's statements suggest that he has something up his sleeve that others do not know about Barca or how to stop them.

Hard physical game with an emphasis on counter-attack we may expect from Inter. Arsenal at Nou Camp also played physical initially and broke up Barca's midfield so that could be the tactic.

However Barca would have to find a way to be able to play their offensive game in the face of ruthless tackles.

April 10, 2010 at 11:26 am | Reply
  91. Dr. Cajetan Coelho

Jose and Josep are incredibly gifted football managers. One is young and the other is younger. The younger one says "not taking a risk is a bigger risk". Let's see what the "Special One" comes up with. Inter v/s Barcelona is going to be a dream encounter. Wishing the players, coaches and fans a jolly good time.

April 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Reply
  92. asare

Everyone seem to think Barca will win the champions league based on that very one match against arsenal. But everyone forgets Louis van Gaal of Bayern munich the best coach of the lot that is being discussed here. The special one was the understudy of this great coach back in his Barcelona days. He has coached many more champion league clubs and been in ch finals than all the coaches mentioned here. If he gets to the finals he will win it, because he knows what it takes with inferior resources to get there.

April 10, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Reply
  93. austine

BARCA WILL WIN THE CUP FOR THE SECOND TIME.
    INTER WILL HAVE A GOOD GAME NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT BUT AT THE END BARCA WILL GO THROUGH.
    WITH MESSI, INESTA AND XAVI INTER WILL PACK AND GO.
    WHILE BARCA WILL PLAY BAYERN IN THE FINALS.

April 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Reply
  94. austine

WITH MESSI? INESTA AND XAVI INTER WILL BE ON THEIR WAY OUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEGAUE.

BARCA WILL DEFEND THE TITLE SINCE OUR BITTER RIVAL (MAN U AND CHELSEA) HAVE ALL BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE CHAMPIONS LEGUAE. AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT NOT EVEN INTER WILL STOP US (BARCA).

BARCA WILL PLAY AGANIST BEYERN IN THE FINAL AND WILL STILL DEFEAT THEM TO MAKE HISTORY IN EUROPE.

UP BARCA UP BARCA UP BARCA.

April 10, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Reply
  95. joan

Hi Pedro... Sadly I do think you'll regret writing this article... I'm not saying that Inter isn't a good team and indeed it's full of physical players who can affect the way Barcelona plays football, but I'd like to remind you that we've got also the best coach ever. You just have to take a look at what he's done today in Madrid... When it come to Barça mate, nothing can be done... Well, you guys'll see what I mean.

April 10, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Reply
  96. pat

i agree that inter will go through against barcelona. barca, are without question, the best footballing team around. champions league football, however, is about tactics. mourinho is a tactical genius and i firmly believe he will be able to do his job against barca and guardiola. i agree that physicality will be huge. yeah, they have physical players, but mainly in the back (with the exception of toure). inter has physicality all throughout the lineup. not only that, but this clearly isn't the inter team of the past. this is the most complete side they've had in an age. milito, eto'o, and pandev give great attacking options, and they finally have a true creative center midfielder in sneijder. inter also have the best defensive unit in europe. as long as chivu, samuel, lucio and maicon start both legs, inter should go through

April 11, 2010 at 2:46 am | Reply
  97. Gurufotball

Pedro’s job is to create interest by writing controversial opinions. I admire him for not standing on the fence. Perhaps he’s cheering on a fellow Portuguese, since there is not much for Portuguese teams to celebrate this year, at least not yet. There is a factor in the beautiful game that should never be forgotten and that’s luck. This allows for the best team to not necessarily be the winning team. But I agree that if anyone is going to beat Barca it will be Inter under the direction of Mourinho, and I think they have been preparing now since the loss to Barca in group stage. As he said in an interview after eliminating CSKA “goals I don’t care about goals all I know is that along with Bayern we are the only teams that can still win 3 trophies” referring to their less prolific style of play. So expect a very defensive game probably boring as hell and with 20 players spending a great deal of time on the Inter side of the pitch which will frustrate the finesse of Messi and company. Messi scores goals on break away and recently playing the quick free kick when everyone is still arguing with the ref about the call. Wake up people it’s not brilliant its cunningness and it’s a set play which got the upper hand on Stuttgart, Arsenal and sadly Real this weekend and I’m getting bored. I too am sick of hearing about Messi and Barca. Mourinho should spend a lot of time analyzing Rubin who beat Barca on aggregate in group stage.

April 11, 2010 at 4:51 am | Reply
  98. Atolwa Cedric

Many things hv bn said.But do you know futbal is not like the other games.blive me.not only does barcelona have good players ,they also have best players lke xavi etc.if barcelona loses inter wont win.Give it a peep.

April 11, 2010 at 7:30 am | Reply
  99. Clinton

I am a die arsenal fan,i will luv inter 2 disgrace barca.and i believe inter has a very strong mildfilders than barca

April 11, 2010 at 7:34 am | Reply
  100. Petr muoh

Dat semi finalist decidr wil b d greatst show piece on earth in recent time,though i give it to JM's inter, why coz its only a team wit much physicality n game tactis lyk chelsea n inter dat can hold BARCA. It's nt goin to b easy bt Inter wil b ontop at d end of 90min

April 11, 2010 at 10:22 am | Reply
  101. Anyanechi Echezona.M.

Since history of champions league,no football club has win two consective times.So it can't work for Barcelona.The UEFA champions cup may go to Bayern munich.

April 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Reply
  102. Aijay

All u fans who completely believe that messi and the rest of his barca teammates are football gods,,I hope u can stand on ur feet and raise ur heads when they LOSE..my utmost prayer is that uefa and their officials keep aside their preference of barca over other teams for one match...

April 11, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  103. gherie

How can one take you seriously as your predictions are always based on emotion rather than professional analysis. Do you remember when you said Man united will beat barca last year?

April 12, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  104. Mark

I think we're all in for a very close game, but I think Inter will take it. Based on Champions League form, Inter are doing better, and Barca are not as unstoppable as people think. Before people start shouting "that's rubbish, no-one can stop Barca", here are some facts.

Barcalona- P 10 W 5 D4 L1
    Inter- P 10 W6 D3 L1

Knockout stages only

Barcalona- P 4 W2 D2
    Inter- P4 W4

While it looks that Barca are brushing teams aside, they have drawn both of the away legs of their knockout ties so far, shile Inter have won each of their games. I think people should think before writting them off.

April 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Reply
  105. Johnny Reis

Pedro you've been smoking your socks. there's no substitute for magic, and barca has it in trumps.

April 12, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Reply
  106. Isah kerimu,ikoyi lagos

Jos is your time to pround to the world that you the special one,inter stand a good chance with the p owerful eto's al thing be equal.

April 12, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  107. Andrew ifijeh(university of Benin, Nigeria)

Barca defence is in doubt against inter. They keeper is not forthcoming. Take it or leave, inter will go thru to final.

April 12, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Reply
  108. John Ryan

There has been mass outpouring of love for Messi simply because he destroyed Arsenal. The fact is he failed to score in both legs of the 2008 & 2008 Champions League semi finals. He failed to score in the away game V Arsenal. So in 6 big games he scores in 1. I think this was a good article above and I think Mourinho and Inter will go through .....

April 12, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Reply
  109. Osmond

Josemourinhowellthechanpionleague

April 13, 2010 at 8:36 am | Reply
  110. Chima Mezuma

Jose shouldn't make noise 4 now. I believe d talking should be on the pitch. UP BARCA

April 13, 2010 at 10:35 am | Reply
  111. Oriaku

Last season chelsea lost to barca bcos they played 11 against 14 (Centre Ref, 2 Last Men) were all playing for barca. Though barca for now is the best team so far, but they are not unstopable.

Mou i bet you go and stop them as u usually do.

April 13, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Reply
  112. Igala wilson

Mourinho is a well respected coach , but his side will ve a lot of work to do to stop the invincible barca side. Barca has a young skillfull and talented players who are gifted individually and plays good football as a team.A team having Xavi, Iniesta, Messi,Pedro and so on. What more do u expect . Barca will defeat inter with ease and move to bernabeu to lift the trophy.

April 13, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Reply
  113. JMC

Mourinho is a great coach and excellent tactician. What his team did with Chelsea in London was superb. But what Pedro fails to realize is that Barcelona is not Chelsea. Barcelona is a much better TEAM and has an even better coach, Pep Guardiola. Just look at what Guardiola did with Barca last year. In his first year as coach, even: 6 titles! Has anyone ever done that before? Granted that was last year and it is even harder to repeat as a Champions League Final winner. A full year of tournaments does takes its toll on a team. But Barca easily disposed of Arsenal and are coming off an excellent showing against Real Madrid at Bernabeau. As a result Barca is in first place in La Liga and in the Champions semifinals. They are on a roll. Inter just lost first place in Seriea A to La Roma. Looks more to me like the wheels are beginning to come off he wagon for Inter. I expect Barca to tie Inter at Giuseppe Meazza 1 -1. Then finish them off at Nou Camp 3-1. Mourihno will have his chance to attempt to defeat Barca, next year ....when he is at Real Madrid. Yes, "The Special One" - with all of his drama– will fit right in.😉

April 14, 2010 at 3:51 am | Reply
  114. Ashlie Dias

PP with CR9"s Madrid out, MANU out ..no EPL teams .. must be frustrating ... but Barca will prevail even without Iniesta .. Jose isn't God ,if he was he would've topped the group stage & also have a Italian league title in his pockets he is helpless ... they beat Chelsea by not a clean game plan , but by acting & falling every minute ..that is not a game plan that is a dissaster plan, that can backfire .

April 14, 2010 at 7:23 am | Reply
  115. Makev

April 8th, 2010 8:33 pm ET

"I support morinho because According to my veiw of the champion legue the is no team that deserve this trophy like inter because they work very hard for this cup. Iam not saying because i support inter no,i dont support inter is just that whenever they play it intrest me. Barcealona do not deserve this cup after all they are the defending champion."
    The guy who gave this comment is a complete idiot..so becoz barca are champions they don't deserve it again,they not working hard to be where they at? every stupid & negative comment against barca smacks of jealousy for what they've achieved and pure contemp for a great club who's setting standards and should be used as an example for everyone..Most of you don't have a clue what you even talking about or know's a thing about football hence you mediocre comments and analysis,for one thing Pep is no stupid he know's what he's up against with jose..the comment about barca's physicality or apparent "lack" thereoff are also not holding up anymore alot of teams seem to think thats the way to beat them and still they lose,another thing chelsea did play negative against barca but they still lost out,people seem to think barca lost that tie.Barca have far tom much fire power for inter..barca have beaten inter,lyon & bayern in the last 2 years and will continue to do so despite all the haters out there,and please i'm waiting for another dum idiot to reply to my comment and give me some crappy analysis of their own...

April 14, 2010 at 11:57 am | Reply
  116. Sivietar

Am very hurt because morinho left us (chelsea) he's still the best coach in the world.i will support him all the way against barca cos they're going down.inter would win the uefa league cup

April 15, 2010 at 1:14 am | Reply
  117. sanni,

PEDRO PEDRO PEDRO,

I love real madrid distaste barcelona to the marrow but,

Sadly and painfully barca will win the UCL in our backyard.

In all of Mourinho's eight encounters with barcelona (chelsea and Inter milan) he was able to win only once.
    But I hope and seriously pray he dissapoints me by sending barca out of the UCL.

April 15, 2010 at 9:12 am | Reply
  118. Johnbosco

Inter and Barca are good sides, both legs would be interesting winner takes it all, for those who think Mou will win by tactical approach should remember he has loss to this side this season in the group stage & his attack is so far the weakest when compare 2 d 4 semifinalist, though wit good defense dat always conceeds just like all 4. 90 minutes is all dat counts d best & most lucky team will win.

April 15, 2010 at 10:26 am | Reply
  119. Ezeadichie michael

I have analyzed lionel messi ,the facts are, 1.he has made up his mind to score 6 goals in the match btween inter and Barcelona.where ever messi is he should knw that he is the next world best.we have already decided to anoint him again.scofield

April 15, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Reply
  120. Danny

Visca Barca...
    Barca did it and will do it again ...they'll rise to the occasion .let's wait and see.

April 16, 2010 at 11:10 am | Reply
  121. Christian ilemudah

I belive dat inter will over shadow barca belief it or not.

April 16, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Reply
  122. yaw

well time will tell..am an arsenal fan n knws who will win this one b/n inter n barca..may the best team win

April 16, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Reply
  123. Emmy

The taste of the Budding is in the eating.

April 17, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  124. austine

UP BARCA...............................
    WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR TRHE BIG GAME, THANK GOD THE FIRST LEG WAS IN SAN SIRO, A DRAW IN SAN SIRO WILL BE GOOD FOR US (BARCA) AND IN THE SECOND LEG AT SLUTHER GROUND IE NOU CAMP.INTER WILL BOW FOR THE CHAMPIONS.
    UP BARCA.
    BARCA FOR LIVE.

April 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Reply
  125. Nichodemus Ndubuisi

The final whistle with just every comment,but watch-out the special one tactic.

April 17, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Reply
  126. Jack

Hi Pedro Im writing from Madrid Spain, lets take a glance at the analysis you gave prior to last years final in Rome you concluded that Man U. had an edge over Barcelona, I want to remind you that in the group rounds Barca already defeated Inter, it is true that Mourinho is very experienced, take note that Pep is very inteligent and in "big games" even more, 70% of Barca´s players have been playing together since they were 12yrs old, the return leg takes place in Baracelona´s mitic "camp nou" stadium, to also remind you of the outstanding Lionel Messi " you also concluded in last years game against man U. was inferior to C.Ronaldo" when you sum all those factors together....I leave U to your own faith, mine is Barca 3, Inter 1 final score. Have a goodday amigo mio.

April 18, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  127. Look movic

Barcelona the best club.it is true that mourihno is upset agains my club.but remind him 2 cool down.because barca need the match.messi the next football GOD.up spain.

April 19, 2010 at 5:50 am | Reply
  128. Tony

Hi chilitos, dont be upset with barca,be upset with ur selves 4 not joining d winning team.eto'o & maicon cant stop d force of messi, xavi, iniesta, & pedro.if ur a barca fan kpoko 4 u.

April 19, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Reply
  129. Gurufootbal

I don’t hear anyone talking about how brilliant team Messi is. Inter 3.

April 20, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Reply
  130. Alex

well, all these "experts" that left a comment should be eating their big Crow pie, today, shouldnt they? Inter outclassed Barca and is now heading as the favourite to the Final in Madrid.

Barca here, Barca there...got nowhere tonight, Inter was the team, great match by snejder (much more effective than Messi) and Milito (always overlooked by people writing always too much about barcellona and too few about other teams), but the real winner was mourinho: flawless!

Se eyou soon in Madrid

April 20, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  131. Nasiib

KkKkKkKkKkKkKkKkKk tony do you realize n0w that eto'o an macon can stop barca's force like mesi iniest and xavi kkkkkkkkkk see now the team you support how badly they got trashed bye 3-1 in hands of inter milan viiiiiiiiiiiiiiva internatiozinale

April 20, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Reply
  132. George Senator

If u want 2 beat barcelona u have 2 stop the wizard Leonel Messi. Dat is what Inter did yesterday.

April 21, 2010 at 9:40 am | Reply
  133. C . Menns

Oriaku well done , i said it Chelsea is never favoured ,it's a pity they always play 11 against 11 plus referee plus 2 linesmen in the champions league and i think the UEFA must do something about it . We all see it happen . Good luck THE BLUES .

April 21, 2010 at 10:45 am | Reply
  134. Moses

Big match big names

April 21, 2010 at 10:51 am | Reply
  135. Idris

Well said Pedro.I knew Barca will not win this year's Champions ever since i saw the quarter-final draws.I am a Manchester United Fan but i have a great deal of respect for Jose and i think he's got what it takes (...Including the right players) to win this year's championship.

April 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Reply
  136. Genci

Pedro, you're a prophet! As a die-hard Inter fan, your article kept me dreaming in the last 2 weeks. AND YOU WERE RIGHT! Barca got destroyed just as you predicted! Thanx man! will be catching up with you on CNN World Sport! Bom dia!

April 21, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Reply
  137. Joseph Ngoru

To all those who dismissed the article , you saw what happened last night 20/04/2010 Inter 3- Barcelona 1.
    This writer saw a dream and the dream came true.

I predict the outcome at Nou Camp. If not 1-0, it will be a 0,0 and at worst 2-1 infavour of barcelona and inter will qualify and win the cup.

April 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Reply
  138. Gabriel I

Well, there is no more point of contention. The difference between boys and men is clear. Up inter

April 21, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Reply
  139. MIN

second leg should be different and cruel.
    midfields in inter can't stop Messi... If he show his full ability.
    Only Ji-sung Park can stop him well.
    it will be tough game for Inter next week

April 23, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  140. Makev

Oh my word..i neva thought there's so many barca haters out there, everybody was praying that pedro's words comes true, now its even about how not so good messi is etc.unbelievable! We lost to the better team on the nigth and we except that..but the damn tie is so far from over and already everyone is rejoicing that barca is "out"...haha
    Oh how poetic it will be when we turn it around at the Nou Camp again and messi of all people the instigater, history beckons for this barca team,it will be tough but this lost was part of the script,we had to lose like this to complete our greatness,watch us do the "unexpected" and create history on wednesday. I can't wait

April 23, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Reply
  141. Ahmad B Adamu

My Pedro, i agree with u 90%. Yes d other 10% shall be:-
    1- d ability of Marinho 2 create a plan 2 contain Xabi, Ineaster, Kaita and s/xs "PK" 4 d last 30 mins.of d 2nd half.
    2- Idon't know how, but he should create a plan dat will make his team score at least one away goal n prevent Barca from scoring. He can, by employing d tactics of Chelsea.
    By football, Barca is not invisible, just keep u head level (Espanol) and they are out of the competetion

April 23, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Reply
  142. Anselem Okeke

Every one is just making noise about a game that is now history;and no body is talking about the officiating or even the circumstances that led to our defeat.Barcelona really had problems of finding the right spots in the game coupled with the facts that we were frustrated by the refree,an off side goal and inter having a big home advantage.To every player their is a day to shine and score terrific goals;it wasn't Messi's day.
    Inter and their bragging couch should remember that they are coming to Nou camp(the lions den) and that " it is not over until it is over". It is with situations like this that we know who are true fans of their clubs.If only inter have a glimpse of what awaits them in Nou camp,they will prefer a walk over.............................."".Try a city and see what it's soldiers are made of"" i am BARCA and i will always be

April 24, 2010 at 4:40 am | Reply
  143. Gurufootball

Makev

I hope for your sake you are right.

If I’m allowed to speak on behalf of all Barca haters it’s not that we hate Barca but we love to hate Barca. There is a huge difference. Love to hate means we protest all the hype around them, and especially Messi. Messi is very talented but not a god and as brilliant as most (not all Balotelli???) top players. Most Barca haters primarily love football and most will admit that Barca and Messi make for one of the best teams on the planet. Either wise it wouldn’t be any fun if everyone loved Barca.

April 24, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Reply
  144. kipkoech kigen

Having used the newly discovered superior Human Personality Reading Formula (see i-proclaim bookstore) on JOSE, I find him just but a mere actor at the touch-line. His only strong point is that he understands his limitations hence he delegates MAJOR decisions to his deputies. Thus, according to my findings, Jose is thus a PR manager but not the real coach hence his claims that he watched a game seven times is merely meant to portray him as the coach in-charge.
    Using the same formula, I find that Inter's success is attributable to the person(s) who did the poaching & scouting. I find INTER MILAN FC to POSSES the best assembly of players with the most resilient personalities worldwide.

April 25, 2010 at 5:00 am | Reply
  145. Robert A-F

So you said it before the game and it happend.
    Lets see if it ends as you say and my already huge respect for you as a sports journalist will expand...
    Cheers!!!

April 25, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  146. John

Hummmmmmm, really do not think so. José Mourinho is in for the worst nightmare in his life on wednesday. Barcelona has only got to score 2 goals and keep there goal at zero, not to hard when over 90.000 fans are pushing there team on.
    Unless he has favours from the higher Gods I really see Mourinho leaving the Nou Camp with tears in his eyes and insulting the referee as usual.

Visca Barça

April 26, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Reply
  147. ovex

wow Pedro!...You nailed in everything...The Inter's victory, Mourinho's plan, Bayern Munich in the finals...
    Do you know the numbers for the lottery this week?

April 29, 2010 at 4:25 am | Reply
  148. Makev

Well done to Inter..i'll be the first one to admit the better team over the 2 legs won and they deserve their spot in da final,Mourinho..wow what a good coach,he was much better prepared then Pep,barca looked toothless in both legs,messi looks tired and jaded,xavi misses iniesta,ibra...well he does not look worth his price tag,he really don't fit in that team(i for one was always against pep selling eto'o), whish they can get him back cause altho he does score he also don't fit in by inter,their game is more suited for ibra.Lastly i just want to add we missed out on a chance for some history but we'll be back next year..it was a nice run but it got a bit too much for barca they were playing alot of games! PS: i wish inter wins the final they need it more then bayern,just afraid of what that will do to Jose's already bloated ego...my word there'll be no stoppin that mouth..

April 29, 2010 at 9:55 am | Reply
  149. Costas

well done Pedro , your analysis proved more than accurate so far . Murinho's tactics have disqualified Barcelona from the final , and yes Inter will play Bayern in the final , but will Inter finally get the trophy ? I have some doubts because beating Barcelona has got inter's player psychology go much higher than it should be , the Germans are strong , solid players and have also a great coach . If the match reaches to penalties I think the Germans have the advantage .
    However i hope your prediction comes true in the end just because you said it !!

April 29, 2010 at 11:41 am | Reply
  150. hlpg

hey... I guess Pedro was right....
    Mourinho is a football genius and Inter deserves the cup.

April 29, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  151. Genci

PEDROOOOOOO, u are a prophet! Your analysis was impecable! You saw in the future!

INTER CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, INTER CHAMPIONS OF ITALY, INTER winners of ITALIAN CUP!
    TRIPE TITLE for MOURINHO!
    in tears from Albania!